This workshop aims to refine authentication concepts and establish a deeper understanding of the best practices within a GC context. The advice and guidance provided in this workshop will explore security architecture, methods of authentication and a comprehensive discussion on best practices as they related to password management, biometrics and other topics related to authentication. This will help GC personnel identify their own organization's needs and create a structured approach for managing risks that accounts for the incorporation of robust authentication to support their own program goals and outcomes.
- Describe authentication, identification and their uses
- Describe attack surfaces and security architecture elements
- Compare the risk mitigation of security control setups
- Identify different methods of authentication
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of authentication schemes
- Recall tips for using authentication effectively
The target audience is IT security practitioners within the Government of Canada (GC).
Course 109 - Cyber Security in the GC for IT Practitioners